QuickBooks is an efficient accounting solution that has made accounting very easy and affordable. Although, it is a powerful software it is also true that the software is prone to errors and it can easily fall into errors due to some small mistakes as well. One of the most common issue that a user faces in his or her QuickBooks Desktop application is that the QuickBooks starts to get slower. This generally happens if you are using QuickBooks from a long period. Your database kept on increasing by time and then you start facing various performance issues. Your QuickBooks starts to work slowly and sometimes it freezes for a while or even gets crashed due to which you lose all your work you were doing at that time. This is one of the most common issues and needs to be tackled because it can have a bad impact on your workflow.
Are you also facing the performance issues in your QuickBooks Desktop application? If yes, then this article can be very useful for you as we will be discussing the resolution of QuickBooks is running slow issue. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-551-2647 to get instant support for all your QuickBooks performance related issues.
What Causes The QuickBooks Performance Issues?
- Your database contains a large number of data files including customer lists, company files, vendor lists, transactions, templates, portable files etc.
- You QuickBooks data files have become damaged or they have reached maximum file size limit.
- Too many background processes are consuming your RAM space.
- Various inactive elements are available in your system that reducing the speed of your system.
- Firewall settings are not appropriately configured due to which the incoming and outgoing traffic is being restricted by the Windows Firewall. It basically restricts the financial transaction. Inappropriate firewall settings can also restrict various QuickBooks processes such as opening QuickBooks company files or updating QuickBooks desktop.
- The QuickBooks version you are using is an outdated one that couldn’t handle your large data files properly.
What To Do To Run QuickBooks Smoother?
Most of the time, the performance issue in QuickBooks occurs due to the low configuration of your PC but there can be other causes as well. You can follow the below mentioned steps in order to resolve your QuickBooks Desktop performance issues:
- Remove Cache and temporary files of Internet Explorer.
- Make sure that your LAN connection is properly set up. If you find any issue, contact your service provider.
- Reset your WAN
- Your QuickBooks should be updated to the latest version.
- Choose a QuickBooks subscription that suits your business requirements.
- Upgrade from Pro to Premier or Enterprise as per requirement
- Upgrade from Premier to Enterprise
- Upgrade your Payroll subscription as per your business requirement.
- Upgrade your POS subscription as per your business requirement
- Close all the irrelevant processes running in the background using the Task Manager.
- Upgrade your PC’s RAM, Hard Disk and Processor.
- Download and install the Install Diagnostic Tool and use it. This tool will help you to resolve the installation related issues in QuickBooks.
- Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to resolve data damage issues.
- Install all the available Windows updates
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the updates for your Windows drivers.
- Use the Disk Cleanup to remove all the system junk and irrelevant files.
- Restore your system to an earlier date when the QuickBooks was not having such issues.
- QuickBooks should be set up appropriately in the multi-user mode.
- Restore a backup of your QuickBooks company file.
- Reinstall QuickBooks using a clean installation.
- Make sure that your system has only a single installation of QuickBooks. If there are more than one installation then you need to uninstall one of them.
- Configure Firewall settings in your systems properly.
Types Of Situation When QB Become Slow
|Types of QB Slow Issue||Reason Behind Slow QB|
|QuickBooks Slow To Open||While Opening QuickBooks Software, the user has a wait long to see the flash screen|
|QuickBooks Slow Over Network||Due to some changes in server setting may slow down QB to open|
|QuickBooks Slow To Load Over Network||If QB is running on Local Network Server some User may experience kind of issue|
|QuickBooks Slow To Start||User See the Flash Screen but they unable to get Main QuickBooks View and have to wait long|
|QuickBooks Slow To Open Windows 7||Due to some services on Windows 7, User may experience Slow to open|
|QuickBooks Slow For One User||In Multi-user mode One of the user-facing slowdown issue while using QB|
|QuickBooks Slow Access Over Network||Due to Local Intranet Connectivity issue, QB Slow to open|
|QuickBooks Bank Feeds Slow||While pulling Bank feed from QB for Reconciliation|
|QuickBooks Slow Company File||Might be a QB Company file accessed by another user or located in another location.|
|QuickBooks Slow In Multi-User Mode||Due to load on the server, QuickBooks Open slow on the user’s system|
|QuickBooks Slow To Launch||After clicking on Company File QB takes time to open|
|QuickBooks Slow To Email Invoices||While sending Email Customer Invoices QuickBooks Work very slowly|
|QuickBooks Slow Loading||While accessing QB from a remote server or cloud server QB Slow to open|
|QuickBooks Slow Login||User has to wait for long after entering a login credential|
|QuickBooks Slow After Update||After applying updates QuickBooks Works Slow|
|QuickBooks Client Slow||If managing multiple companies fail, QB slow to open a single company|
|QuickBooks Slow To Generate Reports||User have to long waits to create reports|
|QuickBooks Database Server Manager Slow||Unable to verify all databases|
|QuickBooks Remote Access Slow||Remote Server Slow to process QuickBooks Files|
|QuickBooks Pos Slow||QuickBooks Point of Sale slow to process transactions|
|QuickBooks Export Slow||During files or report export, takes much time to process|
|QuickBooks Slow Printing||After pressing the print button user have to wait long for reports printing on the QB|
|QuickBooks Payroll Slow||Payroll Subscriber facing issue while accessing QB software|
|QuickBooks Slow Over Wireless||Probably QB APPS is slow on mobile or tablet|
|QuickBooks File Slow||Some file process to slow while performing operations|
|QuickBooks Mac Slow||Due to some critical issue, QB user unable to open it on MAC Laptop|
|QuickBooks Pro Slow||QuickBooks Pro User faces slowly while open|
|QuickBooks Slow On Windows 10||Windows 10 User faces Slow while few services are disabled|
|QuickBooks File Slow To Open||Either Company or the employee or Client file takes time to open|
|QuickBooks Scan Manager Slow||Sometimes Scan manage running very slow|
|QuickBooks Slow Moving Inventory Report||Due to some service issue, QB Enterprise slow to generate Inventory Reports|
|QuickBooks Slow On Terminal Server||Due to a connectivity issue, Terminal server, taking time to open QB|
|QuickBooks Slow Switching Companies||Multi-Company QuickBooks takes too much time to switch to another|
|QuickBooks Slow Not Responding||After clicking on the QB Company button no action happens|
Support For QuickBooks Performance Issues
Hopefully, you find this article helpful and the performance issues in QuickBooks is now resolved. The provided solutions should make your QuickBooks software faster and smoother. It is highly recommended for you to create a backup of your QuickBooks company files so that you can avoid any kind of data loss.
If the issue was not resolved and you are still facing issues while using the QuickBooks software then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1800-551-2647 and get your issues resolved instantly.