QuickBooks is various error codes and issues that can create hindrance in your workflow. One such error is QuickBooks Error 80070057 that occurs when you try to open your QuickBooks company file. Basically, the error occurs when you try to open a company file directly which is not supported by QuickBooks.
The error code 80070057 in QuickBooks pops-up on your screen along with the following error message:
80070057 the parameter is incorrect.
If you are also facing the same error in your QuickBooks software and required steps to resolve then you have landed on the right page. This article will provide you the steps to resolve the QuickBooks Error 80070057. You can also connect with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Number +1800-210-5289 to get an instant support for all your issues.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 80070057
QuickBooks Error 80070057 generally occurs when you don’t have appropriate permissions to remove or make any changes in a file or folder. You need to have read/write access and create/delete rights for the folders that stores your QuickBooks company files in order to use QuickBooks in multi-user mode. There can be various causes due to which this error can occur and some of them are as follow:
- You are trying to open the QuickBooks company file directly by double-clicking on it but QuickBooks doesn’t allow you to do so. You can only access the company file through QuickBooks.
- The company file is located on the server but your local system is not connected to the server.
- Misconfigured firewall settings of your system.
- BitDefender antivirus is installed in your system that prevents all the common ports when QuickBooks try to create a connection with the hosting system. QuickBooks version 2018, 17 and 2016 works with the database service running on the server. This database service created a connection through ports 56728 (2018), 56727 (2017), and 56726 (2016) respectively and BitDefender blocks these ports by default.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Before performing the solution steps, you need to make sure that you are logged in to your Windows with administrator rights. In order to resolve the error code 80070057, you need to perform the following steps:
Open The Company File After The QuickBooks Program Has Already Opened
QuickBooks company files can only be accessed through QuickBooks only from the File menu and if you try to open it directly then you can face this error.
- From the Start menu, go to All Programs and then click on QuickBooks
- The recently opened file should appear automatically. If it doesn’t then you to have it from File > Open and then select the company file.
Move The Company File Folder To Local Drive
Go to the C:\ drive of the hosting system and create a new folder in it. Paste your company file in the folder and then try to open it.
Update QuickBooks To The Latest Release
You may face QuickBooks Error 80070057 due to the outdated version of QuickBooks that you are using. You need to upgrade your QuickBooks software to the latest release to be able to get rid of this error.
Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor tool helps you to resolve the data damage issues in QuickBooks. Intuit provides you various add-on services to make things better for your and QB File Doctor Tool is one of them and you don’t require to pay extra for this tool as any QB user can use it. Just run the tool and it will automatically detect and troubleshoot all the identified issues. If you don’t have the file doctor tool then you can download it by clicking on the following link:
Manually Resolve Error 800070057
- Rename the .nd file.
- Open File Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys
- Navigate to the folder where QuickBooks company files are stored.
- In the folder locate .ND file and right-click on the same.
- From the drop-down list, click on the Rename option.
- Rename the file name to filename.nd.old and hit enter.
- Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server and rescan your files
- Open the Database Server Manager from the Start menu.
- On the Database Manager, click on Add Folder and browse to the folder where your company files are located and then click on Scan.
- Once the process finishes, try to open your company file again.
Note: This solution is only for the users who use QuickBooks in multi-user mode and it can only be performed in the hosting system.
Configure Your Firewall Software
- Validate firewall and internet security settings for updates and see if the network requires any kind of access or not.
- Follow the prompts provided on your screens by your firewall application manufacturer to configure your firewall settings so that various QuickBooks processes can be allowed and QuickBooks can be used smoothly.
- If the issue is still occurring and you could not open your company files then we recommend you to uninstall and reinstall your firewall application and then try to open company files.
Note: There is no technical support services for firewall and antivirus issues provided by Intuit. In case you face issues with them, you have to contact your manufacturer only.
Configure BitDefender To Allow QuickBooks Desktop Communication
- Go to Start > All Programs > BitDefender 10.0
- Select Custom level and then Exclude path from the scan.
- Now, select the New item.
- Select the mapped drive or UNC path that you use to locate the company files. Example: “Q:\”
Technical Support For QuickBooks Data Damages
Provided solutions should allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 80070057 and you should be able to open the QuickBooks Company File. If you don’t resolve this error soon then it can become unrecoverable and you may face some other critical issues as well. If you couldn’t resolve this error manually then you will have to seek technical support services for your QuickBooks issues. For this you can dial our toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 and get your issues resolved in no time.