QuickBooks Error 6144, 82 comes under the category of QuickBooks Company file issues because this error occurs when you try to open a QuickBooks company file. Generally, this error occurs when you try to open a higher version of the QuickBooks company file in a lower version of QuickBooks desktop. For example, the company file you are trying to open is from the 2019 version of QuickBooks but you are currently using the 2018 or older version of QuickBooks. This situation occurs because QuickBooks doesn’t support to open a company file of a higher version.
If you are also getting this error code while trying to open a QuickBooks company file and you are looking to resolve it then this is the right page for you. In this article, we will be discussing resolving the QuickBooks Error 6144, 82 including its causes. You can also contact our QuickBooks expert team by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 to get instant support for your issues.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
Following points are the causes due to which the error code 6144, 82 can occur:
- Damaged QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks company file is not physically available in your system.
- You are trying to open a company file which is not compatible with the current QuickBooks version.
- Installation of QuickBooks is not appropriate.
- You are using an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- You tried to access the company file by double-clicking on it.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
Before moving on to the solution steps, try to open the QuickBooks company file through QuickBooks. You can also face this error if you try to open the file without opening QuickBooks. It happens because QuickBooks doesn’t allow you to access the company file without QuickBooks. If you still get the error then follow the below mentioned steps to resolve it:
Solution 1: Rename .ndAnd .tlgFiles
- Open the Windows + E keys to open the File Explorer or Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder that stores your QuickBooks data files. If you do not know the location the following steps can help you out:
- Run QuickBooks and press the F2 key while being in the home screen.
- This will open the Product Information window. Note down the file location and then go to the same location.
- Now, from that folder, locate the files with following extensions:
Note: These files have the same name as your QuickBooks company files.
- Right-tap on both the files one by one and select Rename from the drop-down list.
- Add OLD at the end of the file name and hit enter.
- Try open QuickBooks company file again
Once you rename these files, QuickBooks will automatically create a new .ND and .TLG file. If you still get the same error then it means that your QuickBooks installation is damaged. In such scenarios, first try to resolve the issues using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and if the issue is still around then you need to reinstall QuickBooks using a fresh source.
Solution 2: Try To Open The QuickBooks Sample Company Files
Opening a sample company file doesn’t help you in resolving the error but it tells you whether the issues is occurring in your QuickBooks company file or in your QuickBooks software.
- From the No Company Open window, click on Open a Sample File.
- Select any of the available templates and click on
If the sample files get opened easily then it means that your company file is damaged and if the opening sample company file throws the same error then it means your QuickBooks software is damaged and you need to repair that.
To resolve the data damage issues, you need to use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
Provided solutions should help you out in resolving the QuickBooks Error 6144, 82. In case, if the error couldn’t get resolved by following these steps then you need to get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 to get instant support all your QuickBooks issues instantly.