QuickBooks Error 6000, 82 is a common QuickBooks company file error that restricts you from accessing your QuickBooks company file. These company files are the most important parts of your business as it contains all your financial records and other important data. These QuickBooks company files are the one in which most of the issues are faced by any QB user. There is a specific error category or series that only represents the company file errors and that is QuickBooks 6xxx error series. You can get additional information about the company file errors and other QuickBooks errors from the QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 toll-free.
This article contains an in-depth analysis of QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 82 including the causes and resolutions. You can perform provided solutions so that you can use your company file again. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 if you want an instant resolution for your issue.
The error code 6000, 82 comes on your screen along with the following error message:
An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6000 82
Major causes of the error code 6000 82 are as given below:
- QuickBooks data files or the folder where these files are stored are damaged
- QuickBooks company file is not physically available in your system.
- Data source name is damaged
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks software
- Windows Registries got corrupted due to some recent changes made in QuickBooks.
- Some Windows files got infected due to virus or malware attack.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 6000 82
Steps to resolve QuickBooks 600, 82 are as given below:
Solution 1: Remove spaces from the company name
- Log out from your QuickBooks company file.
- Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys and navigate to the folder where your company files are stored.
- Right-click on your QuickBooks company file and select Rename from the drop-down list.
- Remove all the spaces from the name and hit enter.
- Access the same QuickBooks company file or try to create a new company file to check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Turn off hosting where QuickBooks is installed
For single user access:
- Go to File >Utilities >Stop Hosting Multiple Users
- Select Yes if you get a confirmation message.
For multiple user access:
- Run QuickBooks on every local system where this error is occurring.
- Click anywhere on the No Company Open window and select same company file in which the error is occurring.
- From the main menu, go to File > Utilities
- Now, go to File >Utilities
- If you see the Stop Hosting Multiple User Access option that means that the multi-user mode is enabled
- Click on the Stop Hosting Multiple User Access on the systems where this option is available or clickable.
- Try to run or create a QuickBooks company file again.
Solution 3: For Multiple User access, switch to Hosting local and Remote files mode
- Open QuickBooks and while on the home screen press the F2 key to open the Product Information window.
- Navigate to the Local Server Information and set the hosting to Local Files Only.
- Now switch back to multi-user mode.
- Run QuickBooks on the server and open the Product Information window there.
- Check if the hosting is set to local files only or not. If not then do it.
Resolve Company File Errors In QuickBooks
The provided solutions should allow you to resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 82 manually. However, in case if the error couldn’t get resolved or you are having some doubts about these solution steps then you can reach out to us for technical support. You just need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-644-7717 and you will be directly connected to one of the certified ProAdvisor of enterprisephonenumber.com.