QuickBooks provides you various essential tools that provide the boost to your company. Using accounting software is almost a compulsory thing because it can be a bit complex to manage accounts manually and the QuickBooks software does this automatically. But, sometimes the QuickBooks software can fall into some technical glitches that can restrict you from working on your accounts. QuickBooks Error 3371 is one of them which is considered as a License error in QuickBooks.
You may face the following issues while opening QuickBooks or a company file:
Could not initialize license properties. QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [QuickBooks Error 3371:, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Symptoms Of Error 3371
- The current running window gets crashed when the Error 3371 message pops up on your screen.
- The system gets crashed when the error message appears
- “QuickBooks Error 3371” pops up on your screen
- Your system responds slowly to your commands.
- Your computer starts to freeze randomly.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 3371: Could Not Initialize License Properties
The factors that can lead to the QuickBooks Error 3371 are as given below:
- Damaged .DAT files
- Component gets corrupted MSXML
- Third-party antivirus or firewall program doesn’t allow QuickBooks to validate your license.
- Your Windows Operating system itself is having some issues
- A third-party application has mistakenly deleted some important QuickBooks related files.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks.
Resolution Of Error 3371
Solution 1: Download Latest Windows Updates
- Log in to Windows with administrator rights.
- Go to the Start > All Programs > Windows Update
Note: You must have an active internet connection to get Windows updates.
- Download all the available updates for Windows
Solution 2: Delete The EntitlementDataStore.ecml File
- Close QuickBooks
- All the processes related to QuickBooks should be closed including the background processes:
- Open the Task Manager by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL and selecting task manager from the list.
- Navigate to the Processes tab and locate all the QB processes
- End all the QuickBooks processes one by one.
- Open the folder that stores Entitlement data. Follow the below steps to do so:
- Open the run command by pressing Windows + R
- In the search field, type, “C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6)” and hit enter.
- Right-tap on the entitlement file and select Delete from the drop-down list.
- Select Yes if a warning or confirmation appears on your screen.
- Try to run QuickBooks and you will be asked to re-register the applications.
Solution 3: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is specially developed to deal with all the installation or activation issues in the QuickBooks software. The error code 3371 is license error that doesn’t allow you to activate your QuickBooks software and the QB Install Tool can be helpful for you in resolving the error. Follow the below steps to use the install diagnostic tool in your system:
- Download the installation file of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool by clicking on the following link https://dlm2.download.intuit.com/akdlm/SBD/QuickBooks/QBPDF/QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe.
- Perform a clean installation of the tool
- Run the tool once the installation is finished.
- Click on I am having a problem installing QuickBooks and then select OK
Contact Us For Support
Hopefully, the resolution steps were helpful for you and you have now resolved the QuickBooks Error 3371. Once the error is resolved, the QuickBooks will validate your license and then you will be able to use the QuickBooks software and work on your company files. However, in case if you can’t resolve the error code 3371 manually then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 and get your issues resolved instantly.