Company files are a very important part of QuickBooks. Everything that you perform in QuickBooks is stored in the company file. Any kind of damage to the company file will bring a significant loss to business organizations. So here in this article, we are going to learn the way to create a new company file and how to take back up of a company file so that in case of any miss-happening you can restore the data from the backup of the company file. If you require any assistance while creating any new QuickBooks company file or facing any issue while taking the backup of the company file then you can dial toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 where you all QuickBooks issues will be resolved in quick time.
How To Create A New Company File In QuickBooks Desktop?
If you already have existing QuickBooks companies file in your system then make sure you keep a different unique name to the new company file. Now follow the below step to create a new company file:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the No Company Open window click on Create a new company.
- Choose from Express Start or Detailed Start:
- Express Start
- Type the required details in QuickBooks Setup Window.
- Fill out the necessary information in the QuickBooks Setup window. You can click Help me choose to view the details for every business type that QuickBooks will make as per the industry.
- Choose Create Company.
- Once you have created your company file then you can proceed to create customer, charts of accounts and services, etc or you can do it later by clicking the option Start Working.
- Detailed Start
- Fill details in the Easy Step Interview screen and then click Next.
- Select your Industry type and then click Next.
- Check your business entity type and then click Next.
- Put the first month of your fiscal year and then click Next.
- Set up your QuickBooks administrator password and then click Next.
- Select the location where you want to save your company file and then select Save.
- Click on Next to QuickBooks customization or do it later by selecting Leave.
How To Create The Backup Of Your Company File In QuickBooks Desktop?
QuickBooks Company file contains all the financial data of your business organization. So it is very important to protect it from accidental data loss. The backup files provide the insurance against any accidental damage to the company file. If any damage happens to the company file then you can restore the details from the backup files. For any assistance related to QuickBooks backup, you can contact QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number +1800-210-5289 Here we are going to learn how to create a backup of your company file in QuickBooks:
- Open your QuickBooks Company File and click Switch to Single-user Mode.
- Open File menu and click Backup Company and choose to Create Local Backup.
- Click Local Backup in the Create Backup dialog box.
- Click on Options to open the Backup Options dialog box.
- In Tell us where to save your backup copies field sectionclick Browse and select the location to save the backup copy.
- If you want then you can add the date and time of the backup to the file name.
- From the Online and Local Backup section you can click Remind me to back up when I close my company file option to set the timing for backup reminders.
- Select any one of the below verification options :
- Complete verification(recommended)
- Quicker Verification
- No verification
- Click Ok.
- In the Create Backup window, specify the option and details for automatic backups.
- Click New to create a backup schedule in the Schedule Backups dialog box. You can provide the details about your backup schedule details.
- Click Finish.
Get In Touch For Technical Support
The above steps explain the process to create a company file and take a backup of the company file. If you require any assistance while performing the above steps then you can contact QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1800-210-5289 for instant resolution. You can also seek support on QuickBooks Live Chat Support for guidance.